Monday, October 8, 2012

Tupac Shakur Quotes: Deeper Than Music



“There's gonna be some stuff you gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future, but through whatever you see, Through all the rain and all the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor. you gotta be able to smile through all this.”

“I find any great man, black or white, I'm going to study him, learn him so he can't be great to me no more.”

“Measure a man by his actions fully, from the beginning to the end. Don't take a piece out of my life or a song out of my music and say this is what I'm about, because you know better than that.”

“Nothing can stop power or recognize power but power.”

“The only thing that can kill me is death, that's the only thing that can ever stop me, is death, and even then my music will live forever.”

“You have to work from one point to go to another. So I admire work ethic, I think it should be reinforced through out our neighborhoods, that everybody should work hard, practice makes perfect, you have to be diligent with what you want, you have to apply your self, you have to motivate your self. You have to do for-self by your self, and then you can do things for other people. But that's what I had to do, I had to do for-self.”
“It's not like I idolize this one guy Machiavelli. I idolize that type of thinking where you do whatever's gonna make you achieve your goal.”

"I have no patience for anybody that doubts me, non at all. My whole goal is to just make them ashamed that they wrote me off like that."

“I believe God blesses those that hustle, those that use their mind and those that overall are righteous. I believe that your karma, everything that you do bad, comes back to you. So anything that I’m doing that’s bad, I’m gonna have to suffer for, but I feel in my heart, what I’m doing is right.”

"A coward dies a thousand deaths; A soldier dies but once. Now if we do wanna live the thug life and the gangsta' life and all that, OK, so stop being cowards and let's have a revolution. But we don't wanna do that, dudes just wanna live "character", they wanna be "cartoons", but if they really wanted to do something, they was that tuff, alright, let's start our own country, let's start a revolution, let's get outta' here, let's do something. But they don't wanna do that, they wanna pimp our communities and portray this image that they know we all can't survive and make, and that's what I saw."

“Once you get an understanding on the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is then the world ain't no trick no more. The world is a game to be played. So now we lookin at the world, from like, behind us. We know what we gotta do, just gotta put our mind to it and do it.”

“We talk a lot about Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr., but it's time to be like them, as strong as them. They were mortal men like us and every one of us can be like them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment